The UK population are on a health kick. This is reflected in the way that members of the public have embraced different types of fitness regimes, from yoga to CrossFit; their aversion to fast food brands and women’s unprecedented participation in competitive sporting activity. Cumulatively, these conversations indicate a genuine evolution in UK consumer lifestyles. Health is rocking!
You want more clients?
So are you going to find them or would you prefer they find you?
You work in a growth industry
That bucks the general trend. Here is a summary of key facts from the 2017 State of the UK Fitness Industry Report.
- There are now 6,728 fitness facilities in the UK, up from 6,435 last year.
- Total industry membership is up 5.1% to 9.7 million.
- Total market value is estimated at £4.7 billion, up 6.3% on 2016.
- The UK penetration rate is 14.9%, compared to 14.3% in the previous year.
- 272 new public and private fitness facilities have opened in the last 12 months, up from 224 in 2016.
Rock up to the party
So who is the population listening to? Evidence points to forums and if you check them out you will read a whole range of different interests and discussions, here is a link to a forum. Next to forums in popularity are Twitter and Facebook and at WorkoutWith we connect your profile with both (assuming you have these accounts).
How do work these channels? You want to attract clients? Then you need to give them a reason to want to contact you. The forums provide a source for what people are asking about when interested to improve their health to include improving fitness and losing weight.
1. Respond in the forum and direct them to your WorkoutWith profile. Your profile and client endorsements matter so only respond in the forum where you can demonstrate you can help.
2. Post some advice in the forum or reply to questions in the forum. Be subtle in terms of how you promote yourself so you don’t breach the rules of the forum. For example: when responding to a post in a forum promote your experience and why you are qualified to give advice. Will they find when they perform a Google search? They will if you promote yourself as ‘Tom Brown at WorkoutWith’.
Try it, take a random name from any person listed on WorkoutWith and put their ‘workoutwith full name’ in the search bar. Cut and paste this in the search bar workoutwith frank bennett to prove the point.
3. Use the forum to pick up on what is trending and use that to broadcast on Twitter and Facebook and drive traffic to your WorkoutWith profile. For example: forums show a big increase in frustration when trying to lose weight, So post ‘My top tips for losing weight at … and route to your WorkoutWith profile. Just make sure you have some valid content and ideally client endorsements in your profile.
Effort and Reward
It may seem like more effort than it is worth to follow this advice and here is the thing – most people don’t make the effort so if you do you instantly stand out. These techniques are not well understood by many people yet represent the creative thinking of modern marketing. We all operate in a competitive world, your next client has many choices – why will they choose you? Actually, the more important question is: how will they find you?
You need to solve both which is why we created a series of blogs showing you how to do this and create a professional online presence when you list your profile on WorkoutWith. It is free so what is stopping you?
Click here to create your profile now.
Need a little bit of help before you do that? Click here.
Like what we do at WorkoutWith?
Join our growing community of professional when you list your profile for free click here.
Like us at Facebook click here.
Follow us on Twitter click here.